Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Not so good...

Well, I thought for sure that my next post would be Monday after the doctor's appointment saying that everything is fine. Due to this weekend, it is different. For about a month I have been getting really bad pain on my right side, it is to high to be my appendix. At first it would just come and go, nothing to serious, it just felt like a cramp. I would move around a little and it would go away. Well, Thursday night I went downtown, for those who don't know it was Tulip Time in Holland, and I ate a lot of junk food. Most of which is fried and very high in fat. Since then the pain in my side has been extremely bad. Crazy enough, it mostly only happens at night. Last night I was in so much pain, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the side and no matter what moving around I did, it didn't get better. I called the on-call doctor and he told me not to go to the emergency room but to go in tomorrow (now today).
Today I went in and seriously the nurse made me upset. I was telling her the story and the history of the pain. She looks at me and says "Well, it says here your last appointment was 3 weeks ago. If you had pain then, why didn't you tell the doctor then?" I was dumbfounded. I had just got done telling her that it started off feeling like a cramp...just a cramp...not a stabbing pain that would come and go! Do they not listen?
Anyway, I am done venting! The doctor came in and felt around. She thinks that something is wrong with my gallbladder. I have to go in next week Thursday for an ultrasound of my gallbladder and we won't find out the results until the Monday after that. I just pray that the pain will be tolerable for the next week and that whatever is wrong will be something that is controllable until the baby comes. I really don't care what I have to deal with as long as it doesn't harm the baby. The doctor said that right now surgery was the last thing she wanted to do. I really think this next week is going to be a long one.
Just thought I would update everyone on this little detail!
Have a great night!

No comments: